PLEASE HELP! chicks listless and breathing weird

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by gamechickens, Aug 1, 2010.

1. gamechickens

gamechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    i got 15 chicks in the mail one died right away there are more then a few now that are listless. there eyes are not bright and they kind of shut there eyes and have touble breathing there beaks open gasp for air a few times then shut there eye and slowly lower to the ground. i noticed when they gasp that there is a yellow? mucus there. what is wrong i noticed more then a few have it. they do eat and drinkish. help please.

2. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    Tylan 50 injectable for a few days. My chicks had eyes swollen shut with goop, nose discharge and they gasp. I have given them the injectable in the back of the neck 2 days and they are looking good and not gasping now. I hear you can put it down their throat too. I got it at the feed store. Its for cattle. Good luck!

3. gamechickens

Jul 6, 2010
    thank you going to go by some right now.

4. gamechickens

Jul 6, 2010
    how much did you inject?

5. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    I have read several posts where they are all different amounts but my vet said .25 cc. I am giving it every 12 hours for 3 to 5 days. Might ask other folks on what they give??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by