PLEASE HELP! Concerned about my duckling!

GertiesMommy

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2015
Hi there! I need help understanding my duck, I'm very new to the duck community so I need all the help I can get. I have three Welsh Harlequine ducklings who are about 2 1/2 months old now and I've had them since they were 2 weeks old so I am mommy. One of my ducklings is most definitely the runt, she is a lot smaller than her brother and sister and she also has a slipped tendon so she gets special care from momma but what concerns me is that she is SOOO vocal. She chirps/ quacks constantly, when I put all of them in the bath or the pond she never stays quiet. I don't know if she's uncomfortable and in pain or if that's just her personality. Is this normal for a duckling or no?? PLEASE HELP

I agree, a video of the behavior would help. :)

It could just be she's really excited when you're around. I have one duck that talks constantly when my husband is around because she absolutely loves him! She's not nearly so talkative when it's just me out with them.

Sounds like my Zehn. She was the spokesduck - very vocal. Still is. I love that animal.

0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom