please help day 18..PICS. They've grown up. 16 week update post #318

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by guinea fowl galore, Dec 18, 2009.

1. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    I candled tonight, the last time as I was putting them into lockdown and I candled one with a huge aircell taking up nearly 1/3 of the egg and there was a bit of the dark mass inside the aircell but no much. I found 4 like this ( the smallest ones ) and the last one made a soft raspy ( the only way I can describe it ) sqeeking chirping niose. the other 6 seem fine with normal aircells.
    Is this ok?
    will they make it?
    should I be doing somthing?

please, please, please help

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  2. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Stranger things have happened. I just read a post where a chick hatched in the turner a day early...he was fine. What was your temp during incubation?

3. guinea fowl galore

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    the temp has been quite constant at 37.4- 38.4 usually closer towards 38 though.

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

It's ok. Really! They will talk to ya, and chirp, from day 18 or 19 til hatch! It's way cool! Enjoy!

5. guinea fowl galore

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    Quote:Thank-you sooooooo much, seriously I am so stresed right now I feel like I am going to faint or somthing.

6. kathyinmo

Oh yes, my dear, I know the feeling! Been there! It gets easier with each hatch, I think. Just a little bit less stressful each time .... but still many anxious moments!

7. guinea fowl galore

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    I have had so many attemtps at this and I just keep picturing the one chick that actually got to pip ( we helped it out after 2 days ) with it's intestines in a sack outside it's body. not nice.

8. kathyinmo

Oh, I hear ya! I hate it when things like that happen. I try to foget those, and just focus on the good ones! I know, it's hard to forget though.
    Good luck!

9. guinea fowl galore

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    I sure will forget those unplesent thoughts ( well, half ) when all my chickens ( and guinea fowl ) are all hatched, healthy and beautiful.

10. guinea fowl galore

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    Does this mean they are going to hatch tomorrow?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by