Please help!! Day 21. Movement, but No internal pip. All other have hatched in incu!?

Qui1980

Chirping
Apr 10, 2022
Tweed, ON Canada
Hey there! Please advise asap. I got some bantam eggs from a Friends farm, stuck them in incubator. End of Day 20 6 out of 7 eggs have fully hatched. Still no sign of internal pip for the one that is left. There is definitely movement though. Any suggestions??
Thank in advance!

So I had this happen. Last egg in the incubator. I left him alone for about 36 hours as he really took his time to get out, but he made it. You can choose to assist or leave it alone and see if it makes it on its own. Some are slower than others.

So I had this happen. Last egg in the incubator. I left him alone for about 36 hours as he really took his time to get out, but he made it. You can choose to assist or leave it alone and see if it makes it on its own. Some are slower than others.
Thanks so much for the advice! I had decided to leave it, but I didn’t realize that while I was outside doing farm chores, my 11yr old daughter was opening and closing the incubator looking at the new chicks 🙄. I did candle again and I believe it has finally internally pipped and I saw lots of movement👍🏻. Can’t believe these little survivors! Had our power go out last night for 6 hours. All (but the one) had externally pipped. I wrapped them in damp paper towel and kept them up against my skin until power resumed and incubator was reading proper temp and humidity again. Really didn’t expect them to make it! Then this little guy endured that as well as fluctuating temps all day and Is still going strong👏🏻😊

Thanks so much for the advice! I had decided to leave it, but I didn’t realize that while I was outside doing farm chores, my 11yr old daughter was opening and closing the incubator looking at the new chicks 🙄. I did candle again and I believe it has finally internally pipped and I saw lots of movement👍🏻. Can’t believe these little survivors! Had our power go out last night for 6 hours. All (but the one) had externally pipped. I wrapped them in damp paper towel and kept them up against my skin until power resumed and incubator was reading proper temp and humidity again. Really didn’t expect them to make it! Then this little guy endured that as well as fluctuating temps all day and Is still going strong👏🏻😊

Any updates?

Back
Top Bottom