1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

please help, don't know what to do??? #2

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by JewelsandBecky, Aug 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JewelsandBecky

JewelsandBecky Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2014
    Someone please answer! No one has given me any suggestions and I just want to help my chicken!
    Quote:

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Anytime you put a chicken diaper or a chicken saddle/apron on a chicken, they are going to go berserk and run around screaming their heads off trying to remove the diaper or saddle until they get used to wearing it. Leave the diaper on her and let her go, she'll eventually get used to it.

3. JewelsandBecky

Mar 28, 2014
    I am just really scared that she might get a heart attack or something. Plus, I heard that a lot of chickens don't do that.

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    You have two choices: Do it, or don't do it.

2 people like this.
  5. JewelsandBecky

Mar 28, 2014
    Oh yeah so you mean 'kill her, or don't.' I actually like my chickens, and if you can't give effective advice then don't give any. I'm not trying to be rude, I just want answers and that's why I post on byc.

6. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    You got answers (in each one of your duplicate threads on this matter) - not hearing what you want to hear is not the same as not getting an answer. None of the answers you have received have been inaccurate or invalid.

What is it you want to hear? You have been told she is not going to have a heart attack, you have been told that you will either have to put it on her and let her get over it or not use it, you have been directed to a thread that is all about keeping house chickens (where things such as diapers, etc will be discussed and you can find others who wish to diaper their chickens and can help you with this) -- what, exactly , is it that you want to hear?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  7. JewelsandBecky

Mar 28, 2014
    I'm sorry if I came across as rude, I am just worried about my chicken. Ask I was saying was that I wanted a lot of Different input. I wasn't saying that I didn't like the input I had. I shouldn't have posted the same post numerous times. I was just really nervous and didn't know what else to do. Please accept my apology and not take anything I say personal, I was just in a panic. I also can't believe how much we are allowed to say on the internet. We are better than this! (I have recently learned)

8. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by