Please Help...Duckling ate pantyhose????

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DaftaboutDucks, Jun 3, 2011.

1. DaftaboutDucks

DaftaboutDucks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2011
    Ontario
    I hope I posted this in the right section....I also posted in emergency section. Three of our Rouen babies(6 weeks old) have Angel Wing. So after reading up on treatment we tried the pantyhose method last night. This morning we found that one had slipped the pantyhose off and we can't find it in the brooder & I haven't checked to see if they buried it. What should we do. Was thinking of dosing them all with olive oil to help the passage. Oh what to do??? We weren't thinking that they might eat it. I don't know where my head was at.........he I feel really bad. hit Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

2. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Any of them acting strangely?

4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

check to see if they burried it, I imagine that would be a bit hard for them to get down easily, at least without choking or having some hanging out of their mouth still.

5. DaftaboutDucks

Jun 3, 2011
    Ontario
    None of them are acting any stranger than usual Lone Star. I dug up the brooder with a hand trowel and checked in & around the water dish....nothing. It's not hanging out of anyone beak and I checked all there crops & I can't feel anything????? What the heck is wrong with my head????[​IMG]

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    YOu need to empty out the WHOLE brooder and look for it. They are ducks..it probably needs to be cleaned anyways! [​IMG]

7. DaftaboutDucks

Jun 3, 2011
    Ontario
    Well now don't I feel silly:[​IMG]...but really really relieved!!! I found the pantyhose......on the duck that I thought slipped it .......just was under his feathers. It's dark brown to hopefully to prevent the only one that didn't have the pantyhose on from pecking @ the others. So I removed all the pantyhose for now.....maybe the vet wrap would be better.(it's purple)lol I think perhaps I'm in dire need of more sleep??? Thank You very much to those that responded. It helped me to think & stop panic mode.

8. DaftaboutDucks

Jun 3, 2011
    Ontario
    Yup Red Hen...I have to do that too...lol

9. DuckiesAndBees

DuckiesAndBees Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Haha! I'm glad the ducklings are okay! They were probably laughing at you [​IMG]

10. tiffanyg2

tiffanyg2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    SC
    Silly Duck! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by