Please help! Enlarged crop...need advice!

SDBURCH200

Hatching
Apr 6, 2015
Hi there...I've been doing some research and am looking for some specific help for our 4 wk old dorking. This baby is growing fast, but its crop doesn't seem to empty. Some days it is large and soft...others it is hard, then it will almost dissapear. It is large enough to notice just looking at the chest. The baby is still eating, drinking, and has grit available. Poops are a bit soft, but it has been hot here. I have tried massage, and although the baby loves it, I'm not sure it is helping to resolve the problem. I've read about olive oil to help lubricate, or the possibility of worms?? Is there anything else I should be trying to help this sweet baby? I am concerned and will try anything to avoid a hefty vet bill and surgery. We are first time chicken owners ...thanks for the advice!

This article is by far the most helpful thing that I've read! THANK YOU!!!! Please keep your fingers crossed for our Kingston...I couldn't imagine losing this sweet bird.

This article is by far the most helpful thing that I've read! THANK YOU!!!! Please keep your fingers crossed for our Kingston...I couldn't imagine losing this sweet bird.

That's so good to hear. It's in our Learning Center, which is full of good stuff. We're always working to make it even better.

If I can be of help, just let me know!

I hope your bird makes a full recovery. :)

Back
Top Bottom