Please help Gender my Chicks

Kaloon

In the Brooder
May 19, 2015
Hi me and my gf have 4 chicks a little over 2 months old one is starting to crow or at least attempt but from what i read people are saying it could still be a hen but i am still wondering as well we have 2 rhode island reds and 2 polish crested. The first 2 are my rhode islands (the first 2 are of the one crowing didn't want to hold still for a headshot.)

Now our 2 polish (The white one follows my gf everywhere and is always trying to sit on her and chill.)

If you can please help id the gender of them it would be awesome (kinda hoping one is a rooster he will have his own little area but would still be nice.)

Young pullets don't crow. Sometimes an older (2 or 3 years), dominant hen will, but it's not a very common behavior.
Also, if the chick has a red comb and waddles before 10 weeksold, it's a boy. Girls don't turn pink and develop big combs until they are almost ready to lay.

Last edited:
Young pullets don't crow. Sometimes an older (2 or 3 years), dominant hen will, but it's not a very common behavior.
Also, if the chick has a red comb and waddles before 10 weeksold, it's a boy. Girls don't turn pink and develop big combs until they are almost ready to lay.
x2

Back
Top Bottom