please help!!! hen waddling with tail to the ground!!!

Chiknsrcool

Songster
Apr 22, 2020
6D98386D-CD23-4D15-8629-AEFCCE3C8EB6.jpeg

one of our chickens has suddenly started waddling with her tail to the ground. she is eating fine but the is slow and her friends are taking a dust bath right now and she would usually join them but she is sitting off to the side. does anyone know what’s wrong with her and what I can do to help? Is she in pain?

When was her last egg? How old is she? Is her abdomen bloated?
I'd get some calcium citrate with D3 that has at least 500mg of calcium and give it to her asap. Just pop the tablet in her mouth and she'll swallow it.
She may be egg bound or have a reproduction issue going on.

I'd get some calcium citrate with D3 that has at least 500mg of calcium and give it to her asap. Just pop the tablet in her mouth and she'll swallow it.
I don’t think her abdomen is bloated and she is almost 3 years old and I’m not sure when she last layed an egg but we have been getting less eggs than we have chickens

She might be egg bound. Dont know much about it but I think you need to soak her in warm water and give her enough calcium

The calcium tablets were pretty big so i ground it up with water and fed it to her with a syringe is that ok? I also gave her an epsom salt bath and she’s alert and she drank some water. her tummy is making some gurgling sounds now though could it be from the calcium?

The calcium tablets were pretty big so i ground it up with water and fed it to her with a syringe is that ok?
That'll work!
How big is the tablet? I'm sure she could still swallow it.
I also gave her an epsom salt bath and she’s alert and she drank some water.
That's great! Keep up the epsom salt baths.
her tummy is making some gurgling sounds now though could it be from the calcium?
The calcium wouldn't do that.
How full is her crop?
I'd check it early in the morning before she eats and drinks and make sure its empty.

That'll work!
How big is the tablet? I'm sure she could still swallow it.

That's great! Keep up the epsom salt baths.

The calcium wouldn't do that.
How full is her crop?
I'd check it early in the morning before she eats and drinks and make sure its empty.
7A3546EB-C4C1-41B7-91AD-17F3FD6101EF.jpeg

here is the tablet and her crop isn’t very full

Back
Top Bottom