1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PLEASE HELP!!!!! How long can eggs sit......

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Coulter Farm12, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Coulter Farm12

Coulter Farm12 Out Of The Brooder

How long AFTER being laid can goose and ducks eggs sit out in room temperature before having to be put in incubator?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  2. littledear

littledear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Cabot, Arkansas
    we let are goose eggs sit in the house up 6 day beofor we put them in a incubator, because we have three geese laying which gives us a chance to put a bunch in at once. Not sure about the duck eggs though sorry.

3. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    2 weeks max. I hatched 3 of 3 that had sat for almost 2 weeks.

4. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    Most people and myself recommend 10 days for best results, after that period hatchability (not fertility) begins to decrease. However I have seen eggs that are 3 weeks old hatch sucessfully and this is common in geese who can take 20 days or so to complete a clutch of 10 eggs.

For best results store eggs in a cool (50F) and dry room and turn 180 degrees daily.

5. Coulter Farm12

Coulter Farm12 Out Of The Brooder

Pete what's the best tips for geese eggs, Should they be propped up? Do they need to be set out to cool and then sprayed or just spray without cooling?

Still waiting to hear on the duck eggs as far as how long should they sit out? Thanks BYC Members

6. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by