please help i am scared

sara su

Hatching
Jun 16, 2021
hello i just got a duck and my mom wanted me to wash him with baby shampoo. i did it very carefully but after i took him out he started to shivering i grab a towel and tried to dry him up. he is giving off kinda strange noise now he is under my neck i am trying to keeping him warm will he be ok?

How old is the duck?
Did you get it rinsed extremely well?
Are you keeping it inside to avoid a chill?
Can you describe the noise?
i am not sure about his age but he is so small yes i rinsed him well he is in a warm place now the voice is gone but he is shaking his head up and down ( sorry my english is bad )

It sounds like he is very young....no real adult feathers but more of a fluffy baby.

Keep him warm.
Do you have a heat source for him?

Ducks are pretty good at cleaning themselves. I would not bathe him with any shampoo or soap in the future.

Just a 10 minutes of swimming each day in room temperature water not hot or cold and he will clean himself.

If he is just moving his head up and down...that is called head bobbing and is normal.
If he is shivering still he needs to be left in his warm spot to dry.

It sounds like he is very young....no real adult feathers but more of a fluffy baby.

Keep him warm.
Do you have a heat source for him?

Ducks are pretty good at cleaning themselves. I would not bathe him with any shampoo or soap in the future.

Just a 10 minutes of swimming each day in room temperature water not hot or cold and he will clean himself.
yes i have heat source and thank you so much

Back
Top Bottom