Please help!! I dont know whats wrong!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by MonicasGarden, Jul 12, 2011.

1. MonicasGarden

MonicasGarden Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2011
    Hemet, California
    Yesterday my silkie roo slept all day. Id wake him up to tlk to him and when i left he'd sleep standing where i left him. This morning he didnt get out of his coop. He was lifeless. We isolated him and forcefed him water. He seemed to be moving a little bit more everytime he drank, but hed still fall asleep ever 10 seconds.We keep touching him so he wont fall asleep and die. When i hold food infront of him, he'll take two visious bites and go to sleep. Whats wrong with him!?!? He lives with 3 other silkies and lots of babies, who hes very protective of. Did he forget to take care of himself? Please help! Im scared to leave him alone!

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh, it could be alot of things.......so hard to diagnose. If he was mine, I'd get Tylan, and give him some with a dropper......That's a very strong antibiotic.....

Grasping at straws here, but that's what I'd do.

3. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Its ok, calm down. I'm going to do a little reseach for you. Bring him in side the house and dont let him fall asleep and try to give him some water and food, keep us posted whatever you do! ok?

4. MonicasGarden

Jan 28, 2011
    Hemet, California
    I forgot to mention, the water is mixed with sulmet

5. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Ok, just tell me this, how long has this been going on?

6. MonicasGarden

Jan 28, 2011
    Hemet, California
    I only noticed yesterday but i havnt seen him crow in days. Thank you both so much for your replies!!

7. MonicasGarden

Jan 28, 2011
    Hemet, California
    Also, i just noticed, he has green poop. Its small and darker than grass.

8. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Has he lost any weight lately, he could have worms but I dont know?

9. MonicasGarden

Jan 28, 2011
    Hemet, California
    He does seem to be a little smaller, maybe he has lost weight. Its hard to tell..

10. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Ok i got something I had started a bran new topic just for this a someone said

dawg53 wrote:

Green poop normally indicates bile. Your friends chicken isnt eating or isnt eating enough. I recommend feeding her scrambled egg mixed with buttermilk for several days and provide her with fresh cool water. Scrambled egg is extra protein and buttermilk is a probiotic.

hope this helps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by