Please help, I had to get another Turkey..... >: l

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Break an Egg, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    I got confused by my mom. I shouldn't have listened to her, but anyway. I bought a turkey Monday night and left it in the fridge until 12pm yesterday, then I put it on my countertop until I snapped out of it and was like this turkey is room temprature!!! [​IMG]

So I guess I have to throw that one away, and now I have another turkey, but it's frozen, how can I thaw this thing to have it ready tommorrow?

Can I do the cold water method until defrosted then put it in the fridge?

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] Been there, done it.
    That's exactly what I would do if I were you. It's the safest way I know of.

3. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    I was told not to put the bird back in the fridge after thawing in cold water, which is going to take about 10 hrs anyway. Am I going to have to wake up at 2 am to thaw or can I do it today to have it ready?

4. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Thaw it today, stick it in the oven on a VERY low temp(250 or so) once it's thawed this evening and start cooking it really slowly tonight. Crank the heat up tomorrow morning and you should be good to go in time for dinner.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by