Please Help ~~ I need a Hawaiian Sweet Bread Recipe

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by AkTomboy, Jan 9, 2010.

1. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    Alrighty then BYC peeps I know you can help me out on this. I got one of the guys at my hubbys Fire Dept who is missing home made Hawaiian sweet bread. I have tried two recipes I found and neither is light enough or sweet enough. So if yall have any ideas that would be great! Thanks [​IMG]

2. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I've used this recipe several times and it makes a very lightly textured loaf. If you don't have a bread machine read the article and get the directions for making it by hand.

Hawaiian Sweet Bread Recipe
    Guest Author - Rebecca Franklin
    http://bakingsheet.blogspot.com/2006/02/cooking-school-hawaiian-sweet-bread.html

Note: I changed the recipe slightly to fit my bread machine.

1 cup warm water
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 c butter - melted
    3/4 cup sugar
    1/3 cup instant potato flakes
    1/3 cup dried milk
    3 large eggs, beaten
    4 1/2 cups bread flour
    1 package (2 1/2 teaspoons) active dry yeast

Place ingredients into bread machine in order listed – select the dough cycle and press start. When the dough has risen to the top of the bread pan; remove and shape it into round loaves and place them on a greased baking sheet.

Cover and let rise until doubled. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes, or until golden brown. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

3. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    Quote:Betty Thanks! I will pick up the few things I need and try it this week. Thanks again [​IMG]

4. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Your welcome...let me know how it turns out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by