1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please help ID our new babies...(Lotsa pics)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mbrparker, Feb 22, 2009.

1. mbrparker

mbrparker New Egg

Feb 18, 2009
    Here's some pictures of our new babies...8 days old from MM hatchery...the ornamental layer group...I know we've got several white crested black polish maybe some blue cochins? and 2 leghorn roosters ordered with the hens... we dont have a clue as to the others...we'd love to hear what ya'll think we've got... thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Suburban chick farmer 09

Suburban chick farmer 09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    St. Louis MO
    I just got my babies 2 weeks ago. I think the black ones with the white dots are barred rocks and the all black could be austrolorps.

3. BrackenFarms

BrackenFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    araucanas and maybe egyptian fayoumis im pretty sure they are in the ornamental list for mm hatchery

4. Fowl-Language

Fowl-Language Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Longview, WA
    The top one looks like an EE. They're all little heartbreakers, aren't they?

5. JudyH

JudyH Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2009
    Gulf Coast of Alabama
    I just got my babies on Friday.... they were from the Feed & Seed store (who got them from Ideal).....

Picture 1 is the Araucana/Ameraucana (Easter Egger) I have 6 of these -- aren't they so cute?

Picture 2 -- The little yellow chicky in the middle is also a Araucana/Ameraucana (Easter Egger). They can all look different.

Picture 3 -- I don't know what those little yellowish chickies are.

Picture 4 -- Don't know

Picture 5....

Picture 6 -- These little black ones look just like my Barred Rock chickies.

Picture 7....

Picture 8 ....

Picture 9 ..... aren't they cute!!!

Picture 10 -- That little brown one looks like one of my Ameraucanas (Easter Eggers)

Picture 11 -- The little yellow chick looks exactly like a Ameraucana (Easter Egger) that I have.

Hope that I could help you a little. I just went by what my baby chicks look like. I love the pics of your chicks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by