please help ID our newly rescue duck

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by CPW Chicks, Jun 28, 2010.

1. CPW Chicks

CPW Chicks Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2010
    Beaumont, PA
    Hi we're looking for help identifying our new family member.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ChickenChik

ChickenChik Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Kinsey, Alabama
    I am no expert at all but he looks like my pekins. Do you know how old he is?

3. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    He look's pretty white so Pekin.Hope it dose well for you congrat's.What happened to it's leg?Hope it get's well soon

4. CPW Chicks

CPW Chicks Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2010
    Beaumont, PA
    I'm not sure how old he or she is. The duck was brought to the shelter I work found by someone on the side of the road. My coworker took her to the vet where the leg was x-rayed and found to be broken. The vet wrapped up the leg and we decided to adopt it. This is our first duck ever so we really have no Idea on age or breed. So would apprieciate any help.

5. Happyflower

Happyflower Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2009
    Midwest
    I would identify it as "very cute!"

6. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    You have a beautiful scovie baby! About a month and a half old!

7. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    for those of you who thought pekin - Look at the bill, See how is is more beak like and a pretty pink / On a pekin it would be a nice shovel form and bright sunny orange [​IMG] also, look at how long the tail is, as well as the claws on the feet and the shape of the eye. Also notice how close to the bill it is positioned on the head. Definantly a pretty little white muscovy

8. LittleSquidgenHome

LittleSquidgenHome Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Michiana
    I am with Goatwalker, unless the bill color is totally off in the photo, it is a scovie baby. That beautiful blush right at the base and kind of washed out top looks just like my scovie babies a couple weeks ago. It is beautiful! And very lucky to have you, congratulations!!

9. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Sorry I have never raised any Muscovie's.I have hatched A lot of pekin with lighter bill color which usualy turn out to be hen's.I guess it may be.If it get's an ugly thing between the eye's then it's a Muscovy.It's still cute though.

10. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    My Avatar is my white muscovy drake. and I guess muscovys are just pretty to some people , lol. i love the breed! VERY smart birds , great personalities, and GREAT moms . We have a thread on here thats over 100 pages of just scovies - id suggest checking it out [​IMG] I recently had 19 babies hatch from my white hen, and have 23 due tomorrow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by