Please help ID sex of these-

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by TerriLaChicks, Aug 27, 2010.

1. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    They might still be too young, but if anybody would like to take a guess I would greatly appreciate it. I can get better pics in another couple of weeks. I know "patience is a virtue" but the suspense of "do I have at least ONE pair" is about to kill me! Thanking you in advance-
    These are India Blues split to White about 4-5 weeks old now except the littlest one who is younger (probably too young to tell yet).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    The big one on the left in the 1st picture looks to be a boy... the rest are a little young looking, I think... Maybe wait another week or two and try again. Closer pictures helps as well, those are kinda small to see much.

If you can, get one of the bird from the side and then one with a wing spread open.

3. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Thank you for answering; I'll wait a month & then take back and side shots & post those. I have been reading back through all of the posts here to get some ideas. Have some very knowledgeable folks here & it's nice that everybody will share what they know.
    I'm pretty sure the big one is a male too.

The smallest & youngest one is our favorite; it is a riot. (that's the one i posted a pic of the "attitude" further down). Love these peas!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by