Please help identify breed of new flock

alachapelle1988

Hatching
Nov 15, 2016
Hi everyone! I am new to BYC and new to chickens. I recently picked up four chickens to start my flock and chose the four following chickens what I thought to be all hens, although the black one has some pretty long spurs below the knee so not sure if the hen may actually be a roo. I am most curious to know the breed of the black one and the other crested hens. As for the other two I believe to be Rhode Island Reds or Red Sex-Link Hens. Any input and help is very much appreciated. Thanks again

C:\Users\ALACHA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg

welcome-byc.gif

The black one looks like a Silkie mix and the one on the bottom looks like a Silkie mix as well. Look like Red sex-links and Production reds. Better pictures would help.

Ok thanks....I wasent sure about the black one because of the spurs below the knee but you seem confident they are all female so ill go with that. Time will tell for sure.

I need to post pics to find out what the sex is of my chickens but dont see an icon to do that...help
The little square with the mountains the sun/moon (whatever you want to call it :p) on your tool bar above where you right your post, click on that and it should give you the option to upload a picture.

Back
Top Bottom