please help identify this breed!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by quintenfoy, Jan 8, 2013.

1. quintenfoy

quintenfoy New Egg

Oct 22, 2012
    Cant upload the picture so its the rooster in my albums and in my profile pic he is about 8 months old and so is the hen. Had him since he was a few weeks old he got really big really quick and then just stopped growing. Im not sure of his breed and it confuses me because the hen kept growing but he didn't any help would be appreciated. On a side note he is extremely aggressive toward everything except people. He will come to us and let us pick him up. Of a leaf moves or rustles there is a battle cry followed by him trying to attack anything around. Hes been known to attack my dog for getting to close but will sleep on or by him when he is out.

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    this one? i would like a pic without the fence please...where did he come from?[​IMG]

3. quintenfoy

quintenfoy New Egg

Oct 22, 2012
    Thats the one. Uploaded one other picture i have to my default album. Im trying to do this all from my phone being that im not home. If that one isnt good enough i can get a few really good ones when i get back home. My elderly neighbor across the road passed and her kids noticed i had been building the coop and asked if i wanted him. So i quickly said yes being he had beautiful colors but neglected to ask his breed.

4. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    [​IMG]

he looks like a mix...is the scales on his legs raised any or crusted (not mud/dirt)? if so then you need to treat the whole flock for leg mites and if he does have them then he will probably also have lice and whole flock will need to be treated for them as well along with coop and run...hope i am wrong though

5. quintenfoy

quintenfoy New Egg

Oct 22, 2012
    From picking him up and feeling their legs it doesnt seem to be raised or anything, but it wouldnt hurt to go ahead and try to treat the run and coop would it? Id rather be safe than sorry

6. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    no it wouldn't hurt them nor the run.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by