please help identify what breed these chicks are

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bauerdog, Dec 27, 2014.

1. bauerdog

bauerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2012
    central jersey
    [​IMG]I work at a veterinary hospital and about two weeks ago thursday,a gentleman arrived with a jack o lantern containing six chicks. He claimed he found these perfectly fluffy, no wing/tail feathered chicks in a vacant house that he was showing as a realtor. We didnt buy his story, but i took the chicks from him. So now i need help IDing these little ones, any ideas?

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    The front brown chick looks like an EE - the legs appear green and there is some "poof" under the chin showing. What color legs does the back chick have?

3. bauerdog

Sep 6, 2012
    central jersey
    I do agree the one chick looks like a bantam EE. There are three grey fluff based cicks that have pale legs (like a marans) they have black/white feathers coming in. There are two chocolate brown fluff chicks with regular yellowish legs. They have brown striped feathers coming in, partridge rocks. Everyone has straight combs , except for the EE

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    X3

6. bauerdog

Sep 6, 2012
    central jersey
    [​IMG]
    Sooooo. Any more guesses? I think i have three barred rock cockerels, a bantam EE pullet and two mystery pullets. Creamy yellow chests, straight combs and yellow legs.

7. bauerdog

Sep 6, 2012
    central jersey
    Could I have more guesses on these babies? It looks like 3 boys. Not sure of the breed...one easter Egger pullet. And 2 mystery girls. I feel like they should be purebred based on similar they are.[​IMG][/IMG]

8. bauerdog

Sep 6, 2012
    central jersey
    I think these are pullets. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by