Please help identify what this is...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by littledirtlanefarms, May 19, 2011.

1. littledirtlanefarms

littledirtlanefarms Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2011
    Eastern NC
    Once again I have an issue. The new duccles I bought are dropping like flies.

Here is the girl that is having problems today...
    [​IMG]

She us doing the same thing that the other little Pullet did last week. I found her in her heated box this morning on her back. When I picked her up and put her on her feet she walked slowly out of the box into the run. But 5 minutes later she was back on her back again. She seems to be very unbalanced. She is 9 weeks old. When I purchased them they had cocci and Ihave been treating them with corid. She acts like their is something stuck in her throat. The other Pullet that died last week lasted 4 days and did the same thing. Any thoughts? Oh...poop is normal.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

Hi littledirtlanefarms, I am sorry this is happening to your chicks, I have the same problem going on but with a year old hen, unbalanced and acting pretty much the same except she is just laying down now it's been over a week. Hopefully someone will be able to give some advise. Although I think it's too late for mine.. [​IMG]

3. littledirtlanefarms

littledirtlanefarms Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2011
    Eastern NC
    Me too! I hope your girl improves...I am sending happy thoughts your way!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by