1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please Help Identify

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Lolliegee, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Lolliegee

Lolliegee Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Cottage Grove, OR
    A local lady and I split an order from McMurray...I was supposed to get 2 Ameracaunas and 5 Red Stars. They sent a couple extra packing peanuts and one was another Ameracauana...she didn't want it, so I took it. As for the Red Stars, I picked the ones I wanted, including one that was much yellower than the rest, but still had some of the light brown markings. Well, as it's feathers came in, it became very clear that it's not a Red Star at all, but a???? If you can tell me what breed this nearly 10 week old, I would be immensely grateful. Also, if it's possible, this young, is it a rooster? For some reason, I suspect so. Thanks so much! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bantam Bodon

Bantam Bodon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Osceola Mills PA
    Im not sure what breed it is, but with those legs it could def. be a rooster, again if i knew the breed that would help with the gender at this age too.

3. mom2chicksandpups

mom2chicksandpups Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Southeast Alabama
    It looks like a white leghorn rooster. I actually had one of these until I gave him away a few days ago and this looks just like him. I bet he was supposed to be one of your "packing peanuts." [​IMG]

4. mom2chicksandpups

mom2chicksandpups Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Southeast Alabama
  5. Bantam Bodon

Bantam Bodon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Osceola Mills PA
    I was going to say leghorn but i didnt notice the white earlob part on the face.

6. Lolliegee

Lolliegee Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Cottage Grove, OR
    I was kinda thinking Leghorn, but I thought they were supposed to be pure white. "He" still has some very light brown patches that are kinda hard to see in the pics.

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    White Rock Roo! Congrats, it's a boy!

8. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    id say its a cornish X.

9. zippy11455

zippy11455 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2009
    Aren't the Red Star roosters white?

10. HidingInTheHenHouse

HidingInTheHenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    Indianapolis
    At 10 weeks? No way that is a Cornish X. It would be huge and barely waddling by this point. Does look like a rooster though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by