Please help identify!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LLB66, Dec 11, 2011.

1. LLB66

LLB66 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 9, 2011
    New Douglas IL
    Please help where you can, pics are not the greatest, I will try to get better pics tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. teamsunbelt

teamsunbelt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Midland, NC
    Which ones?

3. LLB66

LLB66 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 9, 2011
    New Douglas IL
    Top pic- Have any ideas-some research shows he may be an araucauna- but then just came across a pic that says he may be an Old English.

2nd pic- she's very light brown to beige

3rd are the 4 eggs we got today, I know the blue is supposed to be an araucauna, which I have possibly identified as the small greyish hens (we have 2 of those)

4th pic- The large orange guy- we have quite a few of those in hens as well as the one rooster.

4. Ariel301

Ariel301 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Kingman Arizona
    I can't see the rooster in the first photo well enough to say anything about him. He's not an Araucana because he's got a tail. Araucanas are rumpless, which means no big tail feathers. I don't think he's an Ameraucana either, the comb looks wrong...but he could be an Easter Egger, which is a crossbred bird with Ameraucana or Araucana in its background. He is bearded, so it's quite likely.

Your golden colored birds like the rooster in the last photo are Buff Orpingtons. I see some Rhode Island Reds in the flock picture. (Reddish brown feathers, black tail) Obviously you've got an Easter Egger hen, because of that green egg. The black hens could be Plymouth Rock or Australorp.

5. LLB66

LLB66 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 9, 2011
    New Douglas IL
    Thanks, that gives me a start-I know one of the black hens has a top hat-some sort of polish breed? Some of my other hens have just a hump. Again I will try to get some more individual pics tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Laura

6. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    The top one is not an old english for sure. He is likely an easter egger (what hatcheries falsely sell as ameraucanas) bantam or possibly an araucana if he has no tail.

7. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    The cock in the first picture is an Easter Egger or EE. He is not an OEGB - not even close. Hes not an Araucana - they have tufts, not muffs. I seriously doubt he's a brown red Ameraucana as those are quite rare, and in the pick it looks like he doesn't have a true pea comb, though it's hard to tell.

Hatchery quality buff orpington hen.

The golden birds all appear to be buff orpingtons. The red ones are production reds, not dark enough to be RIR from what I can tell. I think I also spy a black australorp in the top left corner.

You're just going to have to get better pics of all the birds for identification [​IMG]

8. snipercp

snipercp Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    Nottingham
    yh id say i can see BO

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by