please help i'm at my witts end dont know what else to do

goldenchic

Songster
10 Years
Nov 7, 2009
last october i got two golden partrige bantams gerty & daisy age 8 weeks, this year i wanted to add to my flock so in may i bought one light sussex rosy and a rir peggy from chicken farmer, after a week the light sussex died & she showed all the symptoms of cocci so i treated the exsisting rir and partridge bantams with coxoid, i didnt want the rir to be lonely as she was quarantined from the partridges read you have to quarantine for few months, so i bought 2 more rir hetty & polly and 1 light sussex princess, from a different farmer, didn't want to go back to the same farmer incase his flock was infected everthing seem to be going ok so end of july after being quaratned for 10 weeks i decided it was time to intergrate my flock, but about 2 weeks later peggy died she showed signs of cocci so treat all the flock again,which was about 4 weeks ago, then three days ago i noticed hetty looking fluffed up so started on cocci,was administering with a syringe to make sure she was drinking,didn't want to freerange yesterday wouldn't come out of the coop as was quite limp when we picked her up, and found her dead yesterday afternoon, now today polly is looking fluffed up,tail is pointing down and shes making horrible squawk this afternoon never done it before but she could be missing hetty as always followed each other around, they have been wormed, they have also been fleed i am getting so frustrated & upset as i can't help them, don't know whats causing this, they have poultry spice in food as heard thats good for them, i use de on them to stop any flees or mites, and also used as a wormer,and in the coop & run also tried verm x wormer but they didnt like it, smells really strong and just stopped eating their food so stopped that, their poo seems normal and im also puzzled by the amount of time that is passing between them before another one dies i'm also worried if polly dies princess will be left on her own gerty & daisy stick together, they have never entertained the rest of the flock, could she die from loneliness any advice would be helpful thanks

Last edited:
I wish I had answers to your questions, but just wanted you to know I am sorry for your loss and will be thinking of you through out the day. Hopefully someone will be able to help soon!

Back
Top Bottom