Please help. I'm puzzled

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by brandyK, Nov 17, 2013.

1. brandyK

brandyK Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2013
    Carbon County PA
    [​IMG][​IMG][/IMG]I saw this today and I'm not sure what it is or if it's really serious. She's not acting any different and is still eating and drinking.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  2. brandyK

brandyK Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2013
    Carbon County PA
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. MrOrpington16

MrOrpington16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2013
    MA
  4. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    It looks like my silkies ears. But they are supposed to be that color. How old is she? Do you think this is part of her genetics or a infection? Id look into the ear and see if it has a smell or if it is oozing
    is she shaking her head a lot or scratching at the ears? If yes then that's a sign there is a ear problem.

5. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Have you had any cases of favus in your flock? That is a fungus infection in the comb, wattles, or the earlobes. Your chicken's earlobes look like a silkie's except for the red rim around it. Lotrimin, Tinactins, and Miconozole are the treatments for favus if you think you are dealing with it. Favus is contagious and you should wear gloves to treat it. Here is a good series of pictures of favus: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...wattles-overtaken-by-white-growth-please-help

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by