please help..info on call ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by sunket77, Nov 25, 2009.

1. sunket77

sunket77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Texas Hill Country!
    I now have a lovely pair of show quality call ducks! I am new to the duck world. I am trying to get info on ducks and the call duck in particular can anyone point me in the right direction please?? I am having no luck on the internet! [​IMG]

2. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
  3. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    I now have a lovely pair of show quality call ducks! I am new to the duck world. I am trying to get info on ducks and the call duck in particular can anyone point me in the right direction please?? I am having no luck on the internet!

If they are all black are you sure they arent black east indies, I'm not sure I've ever seen a call duck that is all black

Where does it say they're all black?​

4. Scott

Scott Ozark Bantams

Apr 11, 2007
    Southeast Missouri
    Congratulations on geting some call ducks. They are a blast. There is a web site with links to all kinds of call duck web sites. Its called the Call Duck Encyclopedia. Search it in google. Also, I've got some very basic information on call ducks on my web site under the "our birds" section. Check it out by clicking on the link to my web site.

Scott

5. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Quote:There are self-black call ducks, which they call "black" but are actually a very dark shade of metallic green under light...like the BEI.

6. sunket77

sunket77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Texas Hill Country!
    yep they are black, they are green tinted they are beautiful! The breeder told me they are a fairly new breed of call. They are tooooo cute! [​IMG]

and thanks for the links!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  7. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    There are also some books available about call ducks for purchase through the website www.callducks.org

I bought a vintage first edition of The Call Duck Breed Book, but then I saw the second edition available on this site...don't know how updated it is, but I'd recommend it as it is the same price as what I paid for the first edition.

8. briarpatchfarms

briarpatchfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    Quote:You may be interested in callducks.org it the call club if you decide to show in the future they sen you alot of info and news letters and all kinds of cool stuff

9. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    there is not a lot of info on the black call ducks yet. Your best bet would be to attend a show and find a breeder to talk to about them.
    Here is a picture of one of our 2009 hatch cockerels. He has placed BV at every show we have been to so far this year.

[​IMG]

10. DaKid

DaKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    duckluck
    There are also some books available about call ducks for purchase through the website www.callducks.org

I bought a vintage first edition of The Call Duck Breed Book, but then I saw the second edition available on this site...don't know how updated it is, but I'd recommend it as it is the same price as what I paid for the first edition.

who is the Author, on this book and year was it update Please,

thanks alan​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by