Please help. Is this a rooster or a hen.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by metallicpits, Feb 4, 2016.

1. metallicpits

metallicpits Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't no who is a rooster or who is a hen. Can some one please help. Lol I'm new to this. We bought them from a guy and I don't no who is who. [​IMG]

2. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    The Blue with dark red on the wings/shoulders is male. Need a better picture of the black, but if it has dark red on the wing/shoulder too, it's male as well.

1 person likes this.
  3. metallicpits

Feb 4, 2016
    Thanks for the reply, the black color one has a green tint to it feathers with I think a Lil red. I'll look again when it's done raining here [​IMG]in Florida. Lol thanks very much

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on junebuggena's post. The top bird is definitely a male. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

5. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    The black is male, also.

6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. I agree, both are males.

7. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and [​IMG] - i hope you are allowed to keep roos in your area!

All the best
    CT

8. metallicpits

Feb 4, 2016
    What kind of chicken is this one. The two that has brown deaths with the black trim on them. [​IMG]

9. metallicpits

Feb 4, 2016
    Yeah we live out in the woods and most people have roosters. Lol I hear the at 10:00 at knight and laugh. Lol L they have there mornings mixed up.

10. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Ah well thats cool then. All you need now is more hens - what a great excuse for chicken maths!!! I used to have roos, but my wife got cheesed off with the hourly crowing for 2am onwards - not sure why [​IMG]

CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by