1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Please help! Is this male or female?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mummyjayne, Mar 23, 2013.

1. mummyjayne

mummyjayne Hatching

Mar 23, 2013
    Hi, I would be very grateful if anyone can tell me if this is a male of female cream legbar. I desperately need to know as I am not allowed to keep males. She is about 8 weeks old. Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. MuddyBootsPA

MuddyBootsPA In the Brooder

Feb 5, 2013
    I am a newbie, but just based on some of what I have read in this group, it looks like a Roo to me. Completely a guess, but if it were my chick, I would be thinking it was a male.

I don't know breed specifics, so maybe someone more knowledgable can help out, but it looks like the comb & waddle are red & pronounced.

Can you post a better front shot maybe?

3. mummyjayne

mummyjayne Hatching

Mar 23, 2013
    Hi, thank you for your reply I am so worried about this. The pics are not so good sorry.

[​IMG]

4. MuddyBootsPA

MuddyBootsPA In the Brooder

Feb 5, 2013
    NP. Sorry to say, but the 2nd pic makes it look even more male to me.

I'm so sorry. I know how disappointing that is.
    We can technically have Roos, but I have one sour neighbor so we
    will probably not be able to keep our Roo chicks if we want to keep
    the peace. I'm watching a few of mine closely too :-(

I will cross my fingers you will get a different answer from someone more experienced with that breed! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  5. mummyjayne

mummyjayne Hatching

Mar 23, 2013
    Hi, yes I am very disappointed but deep down I think I knew it was a male. So frustrating that seller made out he had females. I wish you all the luck with your chicks and thank you very much for replying.

1 person likes this.
  6. clintdaniels83

clintdaniels83 Chirping

Mar 10, 2013
    A side profile so we can see the saddle as well would help. Also, if you could include pics of siblings for comparison, I might be able to help. Hard to say from a pic though.

1 person likes this.
  7. mummyjayne

mummyjayne Hatching

Mar 23, 2013
    I can't include any pics of siblings sorry as I only bought one.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. clintdaniels83

clintdaniels83 Chirping

Mar 10, 2013
    Well, from the curvature of the saddle and tail feathers, comb and waddle. I would wait til he crows and have chicken for dinner.

9. clintdaniels83

clintdaniels83 Chirping

Mar 10, 2013
    I'm sorry I know you we're hoping for a hen

10. mummyjayne

mummyjayne Hatching

Mar 23, 2013
    Thank you, I can not bring myself to dispatch him, as he has been our pet. I have messaged the seller to see if he will take him back. Other than that I will have to try and find a new home for him. Thank you very much for all your help, I really appreciate it!!!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by