Please help! Lethargic silkie!

4 Georgia Hens

Crowing
Jan 3, 2017
Northern Georgia
This morning when I was unlocking my chickens, I noticed one of my silkies acting lethargic. It was hunched over in the corner of the coop. When I picked it up, she didn’t protest at all, which is usual. Immediately, I added some hay to my “hospital” crate and placed food and water inside. I decided to separate the little one because I wanted to be able to keep a close eye on her. Here are the details:
Food: Organic grower feed
Behavior: Hunched over, tail pulled down, doesn’t want to move, etc.
The little guy lives with its mother and 2 siblings.

I really need help in figuring this out! Please share any thoughts or advice!

I recommend getting the chick started on Corid 9.6% liquid solution. Dosage is 9.5cc's per gallon of water for 5 days. You'll probably have to use an eyedropper to administer the liquid on the side of her beak in order for her to swallow it.
You can cut the Corid and water dosages in half since it's only one chick if you wish.

I recommend getting the chick started on Corid 9.6% liquid solution. Dosage is 9.5cc's per gallon of water for 5 days. You'll probably have to use an eyedropper to administer the liquid on the side of her beak in order for her to swallow it.
You can cut the Corid and water dosages in half since it's only one chick if you wish.
Ok. Where can I find Corid?

Look in the cattle section for the liquid or the powder.
upload_2019-3-9_18-15-25.jpeg

Thank you all. She has started to hunch up with her her head in a corner. Poor girl. I will try to get some Corid tomorrow. Is there anything else that I can do in the meantime?

Back
Top Bottom