Please help!! Losing weight no signs of ilness!!!

keckhart

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 17, 2013
Hi there, I have 5 boys. 2 polish 1 EE and 2 silkies. The silkies are in with 4 hens the larger boys are in by themselves. They are all losing weight. They have plenty of food avail to them at all times. I see them peck at some a little but nothing much. They drink fine. They never have a full crop. It's not impacted they poop fine just very little because they don't eat a lot. Their crop is not sensitive or squishy just flat. They act normal besides the lack of appetite. I need to get them to eat. I've tried fruits and veggie treats they like and they have little interest. The hens are fine.

The only thing that's changed id's I separated the bigger boys from the girls. I truly think they're upset about this but from previous posts it seems folks don't think they can get depressed. Regardless I need to get some weight on them. I'm not really comfortable Syringe feeding the boys because I don't have anyone to restrain them in the process. Is there anything I can give e them that will be so enticing to them they will have to eat that's good for them? I've read about the common. Reasons chickens lose weight and none of them seem to fit. Any help would be appreciated. sorry about the punctuation. Posting from this tablet stinks. :p

My boys are my pets. I just had them all taken to doc James in OK for three decrowing surgery and they are fully recovered. That was the first part of February

So no, I'm not interested in putting them on the dinner table

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom