please help major emergency

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by waw, Jan 23, 2012.

1. waw

waw Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2011
    Mississippi
    my best friend, a show rooster that i got when he was just a day old from this person down the road got attacked by a bald eagle and when it attacked him there wasnothing i could do about and i didn't do any thing but now he is gone and i at least want a baby from him that is a rooster and we have lots of his eggs that as far as we know are fertile and i was wondering if there were any hatching services availible in mississippi my incubator only holds two eggs and i have one int here right now but not sure if it will make it i remember when i used to put him in my bycycle basket and ride hime around in it and afetr that i would go sit on my deck and pet him until he went sleep

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  2. Skeetergirl

Skeetergirl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2011
    waw, I'm so sorry! [​IMG] I hope you can figure out a way to hatch some of his chicks.

3. ziL

ziL Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2011
    Oswego County, NY
    =( So sorry about your roo. I live in NY so I can't help you out with an incubator. :(

4. waw

waw Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2011
    Mississippi
    thanks

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  5. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    Do you have the ability to buy a bigger one? craigslist would be a good place to start.

6. Alexia

Alexia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Southern California
    I am so sorry about your rooster.

7. Stuck in the Coop

Stuck in the Coop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    North Central, MO
    Find the Mississippi Extension office in your county. Many times they have incubators you can borrow. Extension offices are very helpful and will try hard to help you find an incubator if they don't have one.

Here is the link to Miss. Extension LINK or copy/paste this to your browser - http://msucares.com/

Wish I lived closer, I'd incubate all you wanted [​IMG] sorry about your roo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by