Please help me by trying to answer my questions :/

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by happyhens44, Aug 15, 2010.

1. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    ok Im wondering if they will play soon OR if my roosters going to crow soon too.

List Of Ages Of My Chickens
    ---------------------------------------
    1.) White rock 20 weeks (Not laying)
    2.) Rhode Island red 20 weeks (Not laying)
    3.) Black Sex-link 20 weeks (not laying)
    4.) Australorp 18 weeks (Not laying)
    5.) ? Bantam 18 weeks (Not laying)
    6.) Barred Rock 16 weeks (not laying)
    7.) Barred Rock 16 weeks (not laying)
    8.) Barred Rock 16 weeks (not laying)
    9.) Barred Rock 16 weeks (not laying)

My rooster Is a barred rock and 5 months old . He isnt crowing yet at im not sure if hes breeding my hens yet....?

Can you help by answering some on my question.. I dont even know what ages they should start laying

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  2. cletus the rooster

cletus the rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

the sex link should be close (mine was laying at about 18 weeks)barred rocks was around 22 weeks,but the rooster should at least be trying to crow

3. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    1. Of my pullets started laying this week she is 20 weeks old now. She has red comb and wattle red face actually looks like a hen now, the others don't look as grown up as her.
    Do your girls look like that? If so they could start laying any time now.

4. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    idk I am always checking on them and I never here him try to crow [​IMG] I was excited to have him crowing. Ilive in a country so there wont be any problums.

5. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    my black sex link is looking like that and so is my astralorp and my rhode island is starting to look lke that

6. cletus the rooster

cletus the rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

are you sure of the rooster's age? mine has started to crow and he is only 12 weeks old

7. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    I think mine layed when I wasn't waiting any more lol. She gave me 4 eggs since Tuesday. Don't give them any corn or scratch

8. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    My almost 16 week old rooster only crows around 5:30 to 6:00am. And he only does it 2 or 3 times. Maybe he is and you just haven't been outside at the right time. Mine can hear other roosters crowing from neighbors properties and he still just does it occassionally. I know that will change as he gets older. Also your 20 week old birds could lay any day now, or wait another few weeks...[​IMG] Who knows what biological time clock they go by? They'll do it when they get ready! I'm waiting on my first egg, too!

9. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Quote:ok

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by