Please help me choose what incubator to buy? Budget of £130...max £150!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Uponthemountain, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Uponthemountain

Uponthemountain Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2015
    UK
    I'm looking to buy an incubator next week, but I'm really not sure what to buy within budget. I want it to hold about 20+ eggs and it must be an automatic.

I'm within the UK and will be hatching welsh harlequins and RIR to start with. (Not the same time)

What do you recommend and where should I be buying it from online?

There are lots on eBay and amazon...but should I be buying from an online store instead.

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    So many to choose from, so many good and bad review. I do not own one but the Brinsea get the most praises. Costly but worth every penny according to most. I have used and had good luck with the cheap styrofoam incubators----I would want one with a fan. Alot of Bad reports on the eggcubators and similiar, But I have never owned one. I am glad I built my own cabinet---which has a very high hatch rate.

3. Uponthemountain

Feb 22, 2015
    UK
    Thanks for your reply. Maybe I should bite the bullet and go for a brinsea.

Which brinsea would you all recommend? I'm slightly tempted to get 2 smaller ones rather than one that holds 20, as we would be able to incubate ducks and hen eggs the same time then.

What do you all think? :)

4. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    "I" would get the one that best suits my needs----Only you can decide that----I would say---its also according to what you think you will be doing in the future---SEE 1 year ago I had a couple styrofoam, then bought a couple more used styrofoam ones then bought a couple more---Now I got 8 or 10, But decided I need a Cabinet incubator---then a Cabinet Hatcher, then a little later I bought a couple more used cabinet incubators, just bought another one-----Do We Really Know what we will be doing in a Year------with Me NO!!! LOL

5. Uponthemountain

Feb 22, 2015
    UK
    Very true ^^^

I think I've decided on a brinsea 20 octagon advance automatic.

It is over my ideal budget but hey I think it will do the job and what I need. What put me off the smaller brinsea is you can put goose eggs in there and I would love to give geese a go later in the year.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by