Please Help me.....co-worker's confuse me

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bamadominaker, Apr 22, 2008.

1. bamadominaker

bamadominaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    Honoraville, Alabama
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Today the regular lady I work with is out and the part-time lady is here, everytime she comes she confuses the crape out of me. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I am usually so frustrated when she leaves, and I have to work with her the rest of the week. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]. She retired and she comes back when someone is out or going on vacatiopn etc. but she drives me nuts. [​IMG] [​IMG] I know why my boss can't keep anyone. I have only been here 3 months, but been in insurance for over 10 years, she just doesn' t give up . What to do? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Smile, agree with her and do it your own way.

3. 4F FARM

4F FARM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    North Idaho
    We have someone like that where I work too. Is she approchable? Can you tell her that how she is doing things is confusing because the practices have changed since she worked there? If you can't approach her, how about your boss? If not you need to make a personal decision if you can work there or not. When I work with people or train new ones, I always tell them that there will be someone that drives them nuts. What they need to do is try and find ONE thing they like about that person or have in common with them and focus on that. If you can appreciate them for one thing it helps to overcome the frustration of the others. Hope this helps and wishing you the best of luck in your situation.

4. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

I had a boss like that, just smile & nod, if confused go directly to anyone else involved & get the real skinny. I had to talk directly to the client and then to my vendors - I was working for a broker, he confused everyone around him....

5. eggzettera

Quote:That really is great advice.

6. ChickNLittle

ChickNLittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Folkston, Georgia
    It seems as if there is always someone that "knows everything" and has to "confuse and aggravate" people. I don't know how they keep their jobs, but they do. If it gets to be too much for you, look for another job. When you find it, let the bosses know (they probably wont care, but anyway), let them know why they are losing everybody so quick. Maybe it will wake them up if the next girl quits. [​IMG] Chin up!

7. 4F FARM

4F FARM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    North Idaho
    Thanks Mean Queen. It has helped me out and I know a few other new people I work with too. Part of my job is working in an 8x8 room with 3 other people for 4-6 hours some days. If you don't like someone or have nothing to talk about, it makes for a really difficult time.

8. bamadominaker

Apr 7, 2008
    Honoraville, Alabama
    Great advice,

I think after I told her three different times I was told to do it this way she gave up. I have dealt with a lot of difficult people, finance and insurance are a lot alike but then there are some big differences. She is only her two days a week but boy she just ruffles my feathers... I try really hard to be patient.... and bite my tongue b/c she is my elder and I am learning. Sometimes I just try to be interested in things she is talking about, but I know that if I make a comment, it gets twisted and told to other employees. Yes, one of those... so I just try to keep to myself. I feel I am a fairly nice person and easy to get along with, I just can't understand some people.

thanks for the help,
    Aimie

9. eggzettera

Sometimes, "those" kind of people are just going for a reaction. Don't give her one just smile and go on your way, only you can "let" you feel bad.

Some of my favorite Eleanor Roosevelt quotes pertain:

Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be darn if you do, and darn if you don't.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

10. bamadominaker

Apr 7, 2008
    Honoraville, Alabama
    Quote:I love it thanks so much see you guys tomorrow DH will not share computer at home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by