1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please help me figure out these breeds!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by R chickens6, Oct 17, 2015.

1. R chickens6

R chickens6 New Egg

Apr 9, 2015
    Hi I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what breed chickens i have. I have been looking online but i am stumped since there are some breeds that look alike. I got a variety pack of chicks ( 3 colours, yellow chicks, black chicks and a light brown) . I am new to all this chicken talk lol. id like to know so I can figure out when they will start laying eggs. So here are a few pictures of my chicken. They are about 18 weeks old. Any info would help [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The chicken in the 2nd pic is black but in the light her feathers are a green/blue ( this one is my favorite breed)
    Here is a pic of its back

[​IMG]

next one is white with black around the bum and neck. They were yellow when they were chicks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you for helping !

2. StarMeKritten

StarMeKritten Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2013
    Moore County, NC
    Production red, black sex link and the last is probably a Colombian Plymouth rock.

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    The first bird is a Production Red and the second bird is a Black Sex Link. The third bird is either a Delaware or a Columbian Rock depending on whether or not there is barring in the black neck and tail feathers (barring = Delaware, solid black = Columbian Rock). Can you get a profile pic of its neck and tail?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by