please help me figure this one out

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by wgcrochet, Jul 4, 2008.

1. wgcrochet

wgcrochet Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2008
    la la land
    [URL='https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/11070_dscf0137.jpg<br><br>i']https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/11070_dscf0137.jpg

i[/URL] hatched this it was supposed to be a buff orpington the lady i got it from says she never mixes her birds and always has them separate. so she is gonna ask around once she gets the picture. i thougt maybe someone here might know what this is. the other buff i hatched came out fine so if you can please help

oh and this bird is at least twice the size as the other buff i hatched it is in the bottom left corner

2. wgcrochet

May 28, 2008
    la la land
    [​IMG]

3. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    It looks really soft. Does he have any silkie type feathers? Does he have feathers on his feet? I thought I might have seen some. ETA: Went back to look second time.I think it may be a light brahma mixed with another silver type chicken. Is his comb a regular comb or a pea comb?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  4. wgcrochet

May 28, 2008
    la la land
    it looks like his feathers are dark grey to black in the center and white along the edges the chick is only three weeks old i cant get a real close up pic of its comb but i will keep trying

that is all i can tell you i just started raising chicks about 3 mths ago

he does have feathered feet

5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I am thinking a light brahma or a light brahma mix

6. wgcrochet

May 28, 2008
    la la land
    [​IMG]

this is when it was just a few days old it is the fluff ball in the pictures i saw of light bramas they have some sort of darkness on them what do you think

7. wgcrochet

May 28, 2008
    la la land
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by