please help me find out what breed this rooster is. guesses are better than what i know!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bgrantalasykes, Jul 27, 2013.

1. bgrantalasykes

bgrantalasykes In the Brooder

Jun 2, 2013
    Thank you[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the poor wording of the title, I have no info on this guy from the previous owner, not even the age. Any ideas are appreciated!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  2. LeviS

LeviS Songster

May 22, 2012
    North Dakota
    Looks like a columbian rock with a comb that froze off. Maybe a columbian rock cross, I don't know to much about the breed.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    The color is Colombian, that much I got.

What's up with that comb? Can you get a better shot of it? I'm not sure if the prev poster is right and it froze, or it's a rose comb. A rose comb would be a Colombian Wyandotte, but his body type is all off for a Wyandotte. Leg color makes me think Sussex, if his legs are as white as they look on my monitor. Yellower legs would be a Rock, but Sussex and Rocks both have straight combs. Or, he may just be a barnyard mix [​IMG]

4. lilliesanchicks

lilliesanchicks Songster

Feb 14, 2013
  5. bgrantalasykes

Jun 2, 2013
    Wow does he ever look like the columbian or red sex link! I will have to look at his comb better. It is not a rose comb in that it doesnt have the bumps so maybeit had froze off? I will try for a better picture tomorrow. Thank you!

6. lilliesanchicks

lilliesanchicks Songster

Feb 14, 2013
    He looks like he had a strait comb but lost it due to frostbite.

7. bgrantalasykes

Jun 2, 2013
    Yes his comb was certainly damaged.. mustve been a straight comb....we were supossed to bevgetting a plymouth rock rooster, but came home with this guy.... so most likely a red sex link then?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: