Please help me guess genders!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SilverChickie, Jul 13, 2010.

1. SilverChickie

SilverChickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    Tempe, AZ
    So after years of begging, I finally got pet chickens - yay me. Ordered five from MPC, all supposed to be girls..... but we all know how that goes. So if you could, look at my (hopefully) girls, and tell me if they really are girls. Thanks!
    All of them are now 8 weeks old.
    Lacey the SLW - my prime suspect for roo-ness. Comb started turning red at like 3 weeks...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Molly the EE - my next suspect as a roo, but I hear EE's are kinda hard to sex.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lucy the Delaware (sorry the first pic is so dark, she was very skeptical of the lights xD)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ruby the BO - she is the calmest, sweetest chicken ever. Much love.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and last but not least, Kiri the BA.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you again for looking!

2. nittanyxi

nittanyxi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    They all look like girls to me. no expert here. I have a slw from mpc. yours is similar to mine and I think mine is a pullet. I got 15 chicks from mpc and I only suspect one of them is turning out to be a roo.

3. SilverChickie

Mar 21, 2010
    Tempe, AZ
    I really hope the SLW is a girl. He/she doesn't really act like a roo, but that comb was red super early and s/he feathered very slowly....

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I don't see any signs of roosters. By 8 weeks, it would be very noticeable in the comb/wattles. (except for the EE, but your's has the pattern of a girl) So I say, you have all GIRLS!

5. slackwater

slackwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    I see girls.

6. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    girls i see no roos

7. SilverChickie

Mar 21, 2010
    Tempe, AZ
    Oh good! That makes me feel much better. I'd have to get rid of any roosters, which would be sad! I'm having a blast with these girls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by