Please help me have the strenth to keep incubating :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CrazyChickensEverwhere, Jun 6, 2011.

1. CrazyChickensEverwhere

CrazyChickensEverwhere Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Last night my incuabtor temp dropped to 95 degrees! I was almost on day 2. I had 24 serama eggs in there! I don't know if I should just give up sense they are most likely dead. Seramas are really hard to hatch So i dont have much hope now

2. Candiss

Candiss Burdette Bantams

Jun 30, 2010
    Alabama
    I would not give up, if you saw the egg I hatched the other day, miracles do happen (it had fallen approx 1 1/2 weeks ago and was completely crushed on one side, no shell left on one side of the egg, so I put tape on it and put it back in the inucbator).. 95 degrees is not too low, they can hatch at 95 degrees they will just take longer. I wish you the best and I hope all turns out well..

candace

3. ReikiStar

ReikiStar Chillin' With My Peeps

Consider the drop in temp as if the electronic hen got up to get something to eat and drink. Keep going. You'll be able to candle in a few days to see how they are doing. [​IMG]

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I agree, don't give up. It was only day 2. I have had the opposite happen. Last winter on our coldest night we lost power. It was around 2 weeks into incubation. The power had already been off for a couple of hours when I discovered the power was off, my incubator temp was 78 degrees. Luckily I had a battery pack and an inverter. I plugged the incubator into it and got the temp back up. After a couple of more hrs the power came back on. I candled the eggs and saw movement. I still had a good hatch. Wait a few days then candle. Don't give up yet!!!

5. kimandrich

kimandrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Temperature drops or spikes in the first couple of days aren't too bad. I had a drop down to 74 on day 2 then a spike up to 111 on day 4..and I still had 90% hatch rate.
    Don't lose hope! [​IMG]

6. Griffin Nest

Griffin Nest Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    California
    trust me, i had tiny tiny fragile quail eggs have 103 degrees for 3 hours, and hotter temps are MUCH worse than cooler temps.
    they still hatched. [​IMG]

7. gotta have my peeps!

gotta have my peeps! Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2011
    Rappahannock, Virginia
    Yes, keep faith. Those little bodies need the energy of your positive thoughts.

8. CrazyChickensEverwhere

CrazyChickensEverwhere Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    just my luck the power went out right after I wrote this, I put the eggs under the broody tell the power came on. She couldent keep all warm, but she got most.

9. kimandrich

kimandrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Just watch the temperature for the next couple of weeks. Candle them in 5 days or so and see what you have. They should be fine. A couple of hours really doesn't make a difference. It takes a while for the center of the egg to heat or cool.

Good luck!

10. MommaOrp

MommaOrp Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Derbyshire, England
    3 days before my orps were due to hatch, my DH turned the incubator off accidently (switched wrong socket off!) it was 2 hours before we noticed as we were out with the chooks, DH assumed they were dead, we candled and they were fine, we had 100% hatch rate with no lates and they are all healthy and strong. KEEP GOING!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by