Please help me ID my birds EE or Americauna

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by pudellvr, Mar 5, 2012.

1. pudellvr

pudellvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    Florence, SC
    My Coop
    My chicks are just over a week old. I have 2 that hatched from beautiful light blue eggs. Their parents are supposed to be Americauna's. I saw them all but don't know enough about the breed to know for sure. They don't match any of the chick photo's on the Americauna website. Are they EE's?

[​IMG]

Oatmeal if I had to guess is a rooster. Does not like to be handled and is first to check out something odd.

[​IMG]

I love the "eyeliner"

[​IMG]

Next up is Sugar
    I believe might be a hen.
    [​IMG]

Such a sweet face

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sugar has the most tail feathers of all my chicks. Including the Production Reds that are a few days older!

TIA for your help.

2. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    They are easter eggers. If they don't look like the chicks on the website, that is generally a good indication of an easter egger. You can also see that your chicks have yellow skin, ameraucanas have white skin.

3. pudellvr

pudellvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    Florence, SC
    My Coop
    You mean on their legs?

4. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    yes

5. featheredroots

featheredroots Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Madisonville, KY
    They're adorable! I don't know much about Ameracauanas, but those babies look just like my EE's. Unless you plan on breeding them, it probably won't matter if they're Ameracaunas or EE's. You should still get the blue eggs, as the chicks lay the same color eggs as the one they hatch from, at least that's what the breeder where I got my first two told me.

6. critters

critters Chillin' With My Peeps

they are both so pretty ..... I have several new chicks but wanting some EE's myself for those 'colored eggs'...

enjoy them...

7. chickiegrrl

chickiegrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2013
    Monticello, MN
    My Ameraucana chick looks just like your Sugar, except mine has really fluffy ear tufts. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by