1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please help me identify :) New Pictures !!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by newBonboard, May 17, 2011.

1. newBonboard

newBonboard Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2011
    Hi everyone, this is my second attempt at posting pictures, hopefully these ones give a better idea, they do show the true colors better. My situation is, I can't keep a rooster and my kids are already getting attached so I would like to know asap if any are roosters as the person who sold them to me will take roosters back and let me have females in their place. ALSO.. they are supposed to be Barred hens but Marlie and possible even Misty look a little different to me, what do you think ?? Oh and they are 3 weeks and 3 days old.

Here is Marlie, oh please let Marlie be a girl, my 9 year old boy LOVES " her "

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!

2. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    #4 might be your rooster, all your others are pullets!

3. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    Quote:x2

4. newBonboard

May 13, 2011
    Well 3 out of 4 would be great - I was holding on to hope that maybe Batman was Batgirl lol but I am soo happy that Marlie is looking like a girl because my little guy loves them all but really really loves her because she is calm and likes him to hold her.

Do you think that they all look like Barred Chickens ?? Marlie has feathers at her feet and even Misty has a darker look ?? Humm

5. budda

budda Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Atlanta GA
    They all look like chickens to me!! [​IMG]

6. newBonboard

May 13, 2011
    lol - Thank You [​IMG]

7. tiffanyg2

tiffanyg2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    SC
    Quote:X2 Haha I still can't tell boys from girls all that well! I try~ but it's to my own demise [​IMG]

8. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    I'm a newbie, but Marlie and Misty don't look like BR...
    As far as I know... BR don't have feathered leggs... and there is no barring on Misty.

JMO... remember I am new (an obviously bored... because I played hookie today)

9. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    batman could be batgirl, she does have the female coloring as far as barred rocks go. marlie looks girly but is a completely different breed of chicken, maybe a cochin? also it looks like misty is getting a rose comb rather than a single comb so she might be a dominique and robin i cant see her comb so i don't know about her. batmans legs look more cuckoo marans colored though.

10. newBonboard

May 13, 2011
    Robin's comb is most like Misty's - Thank You [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by