1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Please help me identify these chickens

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Lyn862, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Lyn862

Lyn862 In the Brooder

Apr 12, 2008
    Oakley, Idaho
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]My friend gave me these chickens. She can't remember what breeds they are but she ordered them into our local farm store, so I assume they are real breeds. If you could help me identify them, I would really appreciate it. I am new to chickens and am trying to learn all I can. I have 7 other chickens and I know what kind they are! Thank you.

2. chickenboy 101

chickenboy 101 In the Brooder

Jul 11, 2008
    the yellow one looks like a Buff Orprington

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  3. jossanne

jossanne Songster

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I'm thinking #1 is a silver-penciled wyandotte. #2 looks like a leghorn to me. Are her earlobes white or red? #3 would be either a buff rock or a buff orpington. I don't know how to tell the difference between the two, but I've had orpingtons and she looks like what I had.

4. Lyn862

Lyn862 In the Brooder

Apr 12, 2008
    Oakley, Idaho
    The middle chicken is cream with buff feathers on the neck. Sorry the picture doesn't show the color as good as it could. I think it is a rooster. I have very limited experience, but these are very young and it has way more comb than any other chicken I have. Any chance the bottom two are golden sex link?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by