Please help me identify these great chickens

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kuwaitchicken, May 15, 2010.

1. kuwaitchicken

kuwaitchicken In the Brooder

May 15, 2010
    Kuwait City
    Hello everyone,

First off I would like to thank everyone’s contribution to the Forums, I have learned a lot from all of you and I appreciate BackYardChickens.com and all its resources.

Story in a nutshell: we have a farm and my father got us chickens 3 year ago and we have been enjoying their eggs all this time. I have decided to try and incubate and hatch some of these great birds but I’m having a lot of trouble identifying them. The pictures you see below are from 3-4 month old roosters that i have hatched, I would very much appreciate your help in identifying them. Thanks a lot [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  2. embkm

embkm Songster

Jan 16, 2009
    Colbert, Ga
    They look like mixes to me. And with those really long legs, I'd say there is some Modern Game in there somewhere.

3. kuwaitchicken

kuwaitchicken In the Brooder

May 15, 2010
    Kuwait City
    Quote:they do stand tall and are Heat hardy so there might be some Modern Game blood in them but still they are not as large, and as you say they are deffinatly a mix.

the large comb and legs has to come from somewhere else. maybe Sicilian Buttercup? but again the comb...

Last edited: May 15, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by