please help me identify these new girls (?)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by scratchinLove, Aug 13, 2014.

1. scratchinLove

scratchinLove New Egg

Aug 13, 2014
    please help me identify what breed these two are (are they even the same breed: one has pointyer head and more yellow [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the other is fluffyer and more orangey). i just got these two from a friend (who brought them over from a friend of theirs). they say they are 5 months old and don't know what breed they are. i've been looking around at pictures on the web and see that there are a few breeds that look similar. distinguishing features are white ears and silvery grey legs/feet. could be golden phoenix? could be old english game? are they even the same kind (or did i maybe end up with a boy and a girl, since they might not be laying yet)?

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    With the face feathers, the one looks like an Easter Egger, the other one may be also, just with a clean face, are they laying yet?

3. Lillichloe

Lillichloe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2014
    They look just like my two EEs mine are younger though [​IMG]
    Bad pic. But they look a lot alike

4. scratchinLove

scratchinLove New Egg

Aug 13, 2014
    thank you! great tip. i probably wouldn't have looked that kind up without your suggestion and i think you might be right. i just got them today, they are 5 months and since they just went through the stress of changing homes its no supprise that there are no eggs yet. i guess once i find an egg that will confirm it. thanx again

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    They both look like Easter Eggers to me, too.

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    They are definitely Easter Eggers. The greenish legs are a dead giveaway.

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

Looks like blue/green eggs in your future [​IMG]

8. Skye727

Skye727 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2014
    Sandy, oregon
    They look like my Americauna. She has tufts on her face.

9. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You're Ameraucanas are likely Easter Eggers as well ( a certainty if the seller spelled them Americauna). Very few owners actually have true Ameraucanas, which are pure breeds, and lay only blue eggs. Hatcheries frequently cross true Ameraucanas with other breeds to produce offspring that lay different colored eggs (like those in the pics above), and then market them under the name Araucana or Ameraucana (frequently misspelled Americana or Americauna), when in fact they are Easter Eggger hybids. There is a good article explaining the differences at http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2011/09/ameraucana-easter-egger-or-araucana.html. Our Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's favorite chickens. She loves the different colored eggs that they lay.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by