Please help me identify this tiny bug that bites me

I have a flock of 6 pampered ducks in Western Washington. When I hang out in their areas, and especially when the ducks walk on me, I get bitten by these little bugs. It is startlingly sharp, stingy and painful. Are they lice?

Did you figure out how to get rid of them because I have them in my bedroom they are driving me nuts

Did you figure out how to get rid of them because I have them in my bedroom they are driving me nuts
I never did figure anything out about them. One guest we had over called them midges, but I don't actually know what they are, how to get rid of them, or if they are bothering my ducks. They still bite me.

I have those no-see-ums here but only for a short time. Unfortunately that time is the period when I am trying to get garden planted. I especially hate that they get under my hair and behind my glasses. They can be so bad that I only last 15 minutes outside.
Glad when they are gone, but then they are replaced by mosquitos and deer flies which last until the snow falls again. This year mosquitoes seem to be wintering in my firewood so I get the occasional one in the house. AAARRRGGGHHH
Still better than ticks which are gross and dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom