*PLEASE HELP ME* lockdown temp 103!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chooks*ahoy*, Aug 8, 2010.

1. chooks*ahoy*

chooks*ahoy* New Egg

Aug 2, 2010
    Brit now in Michigan
    I put my eggs into lockdown in a different incubator ( old lg still air) than they had been in for the first 18. I thought I had it all set ready for them then came down this morning to find the temp was 103+. I candled all of them as I placed them into the hatching incubator and they were all alive and moving. should I candle them all again? Have I killed them? Please someone put my mind at rest I am terrified that this is the end.

2. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    All you can do is gently reduce the temperature and hope for the best. Make sure the humidity is back up as they will have dried out. You may have to intervine in the hatching if the membraines are shrink wraped round the chicks.

I have a chick outside that I litterally boild - it was at the start of incubation and our temp went up to 104 - all those eggs sadly didn;t survive - except for this one! Don;t know how but it did! Now 8 weeks old running round the yard!

I can;t say either way but it is a really delicate process Hatching so I would say just make sure your temp is gently decreased and your humidity increased to the right levels and wait and see

Oesdog - [​IMG] Don;t fiddle around too much with them as you cause more harm.

3. redsmum

redsmum Out Of The Brooder

Sep 23, 2009
    Milford, Michigan
    can anyone else help as I have a similar problem.

I put my eggs into lockdown in a different incubator ( old lg still air) than they had been in for the first 18. I thought I had it all set ready for them then came down this morning to find the temp was 103+. I candled all of them last night as I placed them into the hatching incubator and they were all alive and moving. should I candle them all again? Have I killed them? Please someone put my mind at rest I am terrified that this is the end.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by