Please Help Me! My Chick Is Acting Very Strange!?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by L*A*G*, Sep 18, 2011.

1. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    my silkie chick has been doing this since morning, cocking its head up to the sky but now its really bad! she acts like she can't straighten it out! I'm going to put a video up when I find out how.

Also a year or so ago I had a silkie who was alway tucking her neck under her and then act like she couldn't straighten it out but luckily she "grew" out of it. I hope this'll be gone tomarrow [​IMG]

2. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

I don't have any advice for you - but I do wish you and your chick luck. [​IMG]

3. silkie_sue

silkie_sue Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2010
    Keokuk, Iowa
    L*A*G* :

my silkie chick has been doing this since morning, cocking its head up to the sky but now its really bad! she acts like she can't straighten it out! I'm going to put a video up when I find out how.

Also a year or so ago I had a silkie who was alway tucking her neck under her and then act like she couldn't straighten it out but luckily she "grew" out of it. I hope this'll be gone tomarrow [​IMG]

Do a quick search here......Wry Neck or Crook Neck that should lead you to how others have dealt with it.​

4. Silkie-lover33

Silkie-lover33 Chillin' With My Peeps

It's most likely wry neck which is very common to silkies because of their vaulted skull. It is pretty easy to cure so don't worry [​IMG]

5. tritty74

tritty74 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2011
    Wisconsin
    -Good luck..

6. L*A*G*

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    it is wry neck and she's gotten worse but I think she'll make it. Thanks for the help and encouraging comments.

7. L*A*G*

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    she's doing great now! this morning wasn't too pretty but right now she's all perky and walking! [​IMG] i think the more i can get her to use her neck muscles the better it's getting! thanks everyone!
    oh and it's prob not a good idea to use her eggs for hatching in the future right?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by