PLEASE HELP ME NAME MY LAST TWO BARRED ROCKS!

Pazkez710

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 24, 2014
We just started raising chickens last year and as most of us here, I am addicted! I love all my birds and they are our pets. So we named them all. (I didn't want to call them "The white one, The Buff one, etc) I am having a very hard time with the last two Barred Rocks. They are 11 or 12 weeka old. Current we have 10 Hens, 11 pullets and 1 Cockrell. Here is the breakdown by breed of the Zoch (Zock) Flock!

B.O. - (4)- Cinnamon (Hen), Peanut Butter, Brown Sugar, & Honey Pot

BLACK AUSTRALORPS - (2) Morticia & Lily (Hens)

BANTUM WHITE LEGHORN - (1) Arctic (Hen)

EE's - (4) - Robin (Hen), Alice (in Wonderland! Very curious girl), Chestnut (not totally sold on her name yet. Very open to other suggestions.) , and Rembrandt (Cockrell)

pic shows "Chestnut" so you can see what she looks like.

RED SEX LINKS - (4) - Pretzel, Blaze, Gingerbread and Doe (she has a fluffy white tail like a whitetailed deer, 5 yr old Son named her that! Lol)

ISA BROWN - (1) - Angel

DOMINIQUE - (1) - Domino (Hen)

COLUMBIAN WYANDOTTE - (2) - Elsa & Ana

BARRED ROCKS - (3) - Checkers and two unnamed

So....Since the Dominique is similar to the BR in coloring and we have one named Domino, and then one BR named Checkers, I was thinking of sticking with the classic game theme. Unfortunately, i cant think of anything good! Also i am really not sold on the EE Chestnut. I was thinking since we have two EE's with female human names already,(Robin and Alice)and one male with a human name (Rembrandt ) that i should switch it. ANY and ALL suggestions will be much appreciated!

Note: I am open to changing ANY of the pullets names except Elsa and Ana (my 4 year old named them) So as i said, ANYTHING will be much appreciated!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Rembrandt the EE Cockrell

Chestnut?? Maybe....

Our Dominique Hen - Domino

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6924960/width/350/height/700[/IMG?

[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6924964/width/350/height/700
The BO in this pic is Peanut Butter

The last two Barred Rocks....nameless :(

Thank you for any suggestions!

Kat Zoch

Last edited:
Chess, Monopoly, Old Maid, Poker, Gin. If you type in, NAMES OF GAMES, in your search box you'll find a bunch of names-ideas. One of ours is named KFC. My 7th graders came up with it.

Last edited:
I'm curious...why America? I like it, just wondering about meanning, besides the obvious, if any?

Well kind of because they are black (which could be like blue) and white
idunno.gif
. I also think it's a cool name.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom