1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please Help me name the breed mix or most likely

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by happyhens1221, Jan 29, 2017.

1. happyhens1221

happyhens1221 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2016
    Valley center ca
    Got this big boy in valley center awhile back and he is to me one of the most handsome roosters large and full...but i have no idea what he is..prior owner had about 6 roos.. stated they were mixes but i dont remember even asking with what since he was so nice looking.. i would love any input from anyone on ideas of his mixes.. thought blue laced red wyndotte because of the red an[​IMG]
    d blue lacing in front feathers..chest area.. but his come is clearly a mix so any help would be nice he is really big id say honestly 9 lbs..heavy..[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And its hard to see with out the sun but his tail feathers give off a purple and beetle green shimmer and his back saddle feathers although colored maroonish..change in different angles like a fish they are sliver sided or something. .
    [​IMG]
    Im trying to give as many views as possible to help any of you pros out there to help me narrow down breeds.. i wish i saved the ladies number then i could just ask the prior owner..hindsight always 20 /20 lol

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Sits With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    His legs are a bit pale for a purebred Wyandotte, but he does look like one. He could be a gold laced crossed with a blue laced red Wyandotte, and it's possible he has something like Orpington in him. He's a good looking boy.

1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Not sure what he is except a truly beautiful rooster

1 person likes this.
  4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I can see some Wyandotte, and maybe some Orpington as well. those light legs have to come from something like an Orpington or a Marans, they're the most common white skinned breeds he could be. Sussex is possible, but I think you'd get quite different coloring and they're not too common.

1 person likes this.
  5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by