1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PLEASE HELP ME NOW!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mrsfluff100, Nov 18, 2014.

1. mrsfluff100

mrsfluff100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2014
    I am freaking out I have had button quail eggs in the incubator for 17 days and on egg piped 24 hours ago but never did anything else. someone told me that I should try to help the chick out so I have opened the shell more but the chicken is not ready! how can i keep the chick a live?!!! I don't want to lose him/her!

2. mrsfluff100

mrsfluff100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2014
    anyone!

3. luckysaysgo

luckysaysgo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2014
    I know nothing about quails... If it's not bleeding perhaps you can set it shell down beak up in a small cup or carton bottom..quail eggs are small I'm guessing so maybe a lid of some sort just to stabilize it then stick it back in the incubator and keep it properly humid and warm and give it more time...like I said I know nothing but you've got to try, right...come on quail people..a little help here...

4. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    If you haven't already, wrap a moist paper towel around the egg and set it back in the bator. I would assume it wouldn't be much different than the same situation with chicks. I'm assuming by "not ready" the veins haven't receded or the yolk hasn't been absorbed?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by